Dance Professionals Fund has announced an emergency hardship fund for Professional Dancers – ‘across genres including ballet, contemporary, Black and Asian dance and hip hop including those with portfolio careers, e.g. choreography, who whose work would normally include employment in the subsidised dance sector.’ Supported by the Arts Council, the grant is up to £2000.
The Dancers’ Hardship Fund
Who can apply: Professional dancers. Support given to freelance dancers across genres including ballet, contemporary, Black and Asian dance and hip hop including those with portfolio careers, e.g. choreography, who whose work would normally include employment in the subsidised dance sector. This Fund is supported by Arts Council of England. See more information here: www.artscouncil.org.uk/covid19
Grants criteria will be applied to all applications, as follows;
- Three years or more as a dancer in the UK in total, with supporting CV
- At least 50%, of your normal income must come from your dance employment
- Must live in England
- Must be over 18
- Priority will be given to disabled applicants
- Must have savings of less than £6,000
- All applicants must be able to supply documentary evidence of work/contracts in the subsidised dance sector in England cancelled as a result of COVID-19.
Applicants will need to supply proof of cancellation of work in order to be eligible to claim support.
Due to the number of applications, we will not be able to respond immediately but aim to give you an outcome within two weeks. Because of demand, we will not be making more than one payment per application from this temporary fund. Please apply only if you are suffering major financial hardship so we can prioritise those most in need. We cannot answer individual queries by phone about this fund.Find Out More